SPECIAL NOTICES Mar19-22/04
Become a Murray Dobbin Word Warrior!!!
Support Barrie Zwicker's Canadian 911 Public Hearing
0314-The Golden Rule...
0304-Everybody had a wet dream...
0221-.. a nose job...
0214-Heads I win...
0206-Divided we fall...
0124-We the WHOHAHA??
0119-Get outta my bong!
1228-Straw dogs and dissembling
1212-An iceberg you say??
1130-Justice for Sam?
1115-Deficit or delusion?
1031-Ghouls & Ganja
1018-What's that smell Ma?
current Top Of The List!
Change - we know the problem - what the fuck are we going to DO about it is the question...??
Ammo - selection of very good commentary from other writers on important stuff - FAAAAARRRRR BETTER THAN TV!!!
Canadians for Canada Coalition (CCC) - United Left, if you will - but bottom of the line - Get Rid of Corporate Government in Canada - 2004 Federal Election may be your last chance - act NOW PLEASE!!
The Debt Conspiracy Theory Fact - do you believe people who email you from Africa wanting to give you 10 million bucks? No? Well WHY DO YOU BELIEVE THE NATIONAL DEBT IS LEGITIMATE?!?!? (Sorry - I get excited about this...)
911 - as important as the debt scam - ask yourself why you are so afraid to admit the truth here, even when it's been kicking you in the face almost since it happened? When the world you live in is operating under a lie this big and obvious and monstrous, you have no security whatsoever.
Word Warriors and Others of Note
Unbrand Your Life
Hand of Mordor
Happy Canada Day
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human
face - forever.
George Orwell 1984
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
mama mama who dat scary man mama??!!
HAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!
040322 - HOW OLD?!?!?!?!?!?!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Just a sample of "WE DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY DARN DARN DARN - (guess what THAT means hahahaha?!?!!!!)" stories the last few days -
Ralph Klein to focus on health cuts - ".....Klein announced a five- point program Tuesday to develop a plan that would ease the burden health care puts on the provincial budget...."
Sorry school picture - "....School boards must play their part, too. If they don't, they may be forced to take the politically unpopular decision and close some schools in order to focus resources on others..."
Saskatchewan finances weak - "...Four months after winning a narrow provincial election victory, Saskatchewan's NDP government delivered a throne speech Thursday that warns of tough times ahead..... "Building a balanced budget plan will not be easy...."
N.S. needs federal transfers restored: minister- "... Nova Scotia will be hit by a sweeping series of tax increases and service cuts unless the province gets an additional $90 million in transfer payments in next week's federal budget, Finance Minister Peter Christie said Thursday...."
Sparks expected to fly as Ontario government gets back to business - "... The familiar rhythms of the previous government are everywhere: dire warnings about belt-tightening, health-care workers picketing outside hospitals and persistent talk about highway tolls, user fees and soaring power prices...." --
- oh fuck it just goes on and on and on, every day something like this from somewhere in the country - added to the endless parade of limited-imagination TERRORISM TERRORISM EVERYONE GET UNDER YOUR BEDS TERRORISM stories - and the endless parade of stories the last couple of days about Harper and the Conservatives taking on the Libs in the next election to add to the endless parade of stories the last few weeks about the Great Amazing Conservative Leadership Race to add to the endless stories the few months before that about the Great Amazing "Unite the Right" movement (do you suppose ANYONE in the country over the age of 18 with an IQ greater than their age is unaware of the Great New Wonderful Revised Conservative Party, the Most Logical Option to the Damned Corrupt Liberal-lefty party!?!?!?!?, and their Great Wonderful So smart So cleancut Leader Mr. Harper???) - all balanced, of course, by our Great Wonderful Canadian Media, by the 3-4 stories I recall seeing this year about Jack Layton and the NDP, who actually promote things most Canadian desire for their country -
AND THEN THE GRAND FINALE!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAAAA - get this one: The Globe gets 13 nominations ".... The Globe and Mail has collected 13 nominations for the 2003 National Newspaper Awards, followed closely by the Toronto Star with 12 finalists in the 55th annual competition...." - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA - like kids in a fucking sandbox - it's just so cute!!!
Not a fucking WORD from these paragons of Canadian "journalism" in the last year about ending the financial problems of this country in a few short years by the only realistic means possible - using the Bank of Canada - and not a fucking WORD about charging those fraud artists of the last 40 years who stole over a trillion dollars of Canadian taxpayer's money through this "debt" scam -
- not a fucking WORD of apology for freezing the Green Party out of 99% of the news coverage, and all of the tv debates, in the Ontario election last year - nosireebobsyerfuckinuncle!!! - or how they push and push and PUSH the fucking Repugnant Party North EVERY day over and over and over, even though this party promotes policies almost all Canadians reject, or how they ignore day after day after day Jack Layton and the NDP and anyone else who dares talk about policies Canadians support - no sirree they only wanna talk about how GREAT they are, not how they try to control and shape the "news" for us all!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA
- Not a fucking WORD about PEACE in the world, and stopping AMERICAN terrorism!!!!
- but they sure are proud little boys and girls about their fancy awards - lots of self-congratulations and back-patting - I suppose the corporate chieftains are pretty happy with their little propagandists for doing such a great job last year, and for many years, with the stories I have mentioned above and many others - and not a word about the stories they do NOT carry, that a truly democratic press interested in fostering an intelligent, aware citizenry, making decisions to run their country properly in the world, might have carried....
- I didn't bother to read any more on this, but I have no doubt that at the lets-congratulate-each-other meeting there were a few little speeches about how there was just a BIT of controversy about some of the things they did, as any good, conscientious person would say - and they all are that, of course, as Canadians!! HAHAHAHAAA - but that just doesn't cut it for me, for some reason - when we on the net can have access to endless amounts of alternative coverage - and yes, some of it is crap, but intelligent readers can separate the space-alien-marries-elvis-and-they-have-babies stories out quick enough - and it is not imaginable that these people who work with news and information could not do the same, if they wanted to, so the ONLY conclusion the thinking analyst can come to is that these stories - and many others - are being buried because they do not fit the patterns of thinking that the newspaper owners want to encourage in Canadians - stories about financial problems and privatisation and cutting services day after day after day rather than stories about using the Bank of Canada to take care of this, stories about American atrocities all over the world during the last 50 years, or 100 years, or 500 years if you want, rather than justifying the American coup in Haiti and their terror-bombing all over the world, etc. Stories we turn to the net to get.
Thoughts of an evening - it occurred to me recently that my identification with "the left" is somewhat less than actual, and it is getting on to the time I ought to be a bit more clear about some of these things - such identification has always been more of a knee-jerk sort of reaction in opposition to "the right", which part of the political spectrum I am most definitely opposed to, combined with having to sort things out myself rather than growing up with good discussions about such things around me, and naturally figuring out where I want to be - their worship on "the right" of money and the rich, and their "let them go fuck themselves" attitude towards people unable to help themselves, or needing a hand, is just wrong, I feel, their wars, their lies, everything that has been happening to our societies and world under people like Thatcher, Reagan, Mulroney, Bush and the rest, their insistence that banks and bankers and money is the central force of our society, their insistence that we should NOT provide medicare to everyone, or free schooling, their general Elitism - all this and much more, all highly repugnant to me.
But but but!!!!! - I have a lot of problems with a lot of "leftist" stuff as well - in their own way, many of them are just as fascistic, in a controlling DO AS YOU ARE FUCKING TOLD!!!! sense as the rightwing elitists, in their insistence that THEY have some secret insight into how we should live, ALL of us, and by golly gee dolly and dilly, we have a RIGHT to pass laws and create serious "legal" problems for people who DARE to oppose us!!! - not just about stuff I would consider real "crime" myself, that we have a right as a community to protect ourselves from, violence and theft, primarily, but stuff more of a "social behaviour" sense, that I think the state has no fucking business in at all - think stuff like all the no-smoking shit happening the last few years, the seatbelt laws, the "free speech means WE can tell you what is acceptable to say and the "truth" is no defence!!!" shit (the Zundel story, among others) - all the PC shit. This strikes me as the other side of the right-wing shit - the Elitists, in many ways, want the same thing - a complacent bunch of citizens living very quietly, doing AND THINKING what they are told, or within the confines of the box as defined by others, and not causing any problems for anyone in "authority", just going to their little factory punch clock jobs ever day all their lives, churning out the products that they spend their money on when they go to the malls on the weekends, churning out the money that the elite abscond with to live lives of luxury while everyone else smiles their Barbie doll empty smiles and pretends to have a life - until the day they're found in the bathtub with the empty bottle beside them - "We're so surprised - we thought s/he had such a perfect life?" Right.
It occurs to me that I am actually a Centrist of some kind - no extremes please!!!! (extremes are fine in your personal life, for a thrill or a laugh or whatever, it's your life, as long as the consequences of any mistakes you make whilst engaged in such pastimes don't fuck up other people's lives in a major way, but NOT as government policy!) - I want a government that protects me from the big bad guys so I am free to concentrate on things I want to concentrate on, which may not be being the toughest guy on the street, I don't think it is a proper basis for a civilised society to just say we aren't going to have any rules, and the big guys can do what they want and the little guys live or die who cares (I'm speaking metaphorically here as well, in the Big Business sense) - and yet I don't like the opposite sort of thing, the communist-socialist bogeyman stuff of capitalist nightmares, with a completely controlled state society, with the 5-year plans and citizens little more than robots, knockknock on the door in the middle of the night and off to the local Gulag for those daring to suggest things could be better.
We need the Middle Road, the one the Buddha talked about. Maximum freedom, with responsibility, a good framework to live in, that protects and nourishes us all, and gives us all the opportunity to prosper if we want or just muddle along, contributing a few hours a week to the commonweal while pursuing our own interests, and gives those who are ambitious ample room to acquire lots of stuff - without stealing from those who don't want to play those games, and protecting those who don't want to engage in those predatory games from the moral-less few who ravage and steal and kill if left uncontrolled. Oh well, that's stuff for a longer philosophical chapter - onward MacDuff!!!!
An odd thing that occurred to me this week - that is to say, as Holmes put it - "What about the barking dog, Watson?" "Hmmm?? What barking dog?!?!?" "Aha!!! Exactly!!!" - where in the fuck is he going now?!?!?! - well - think back to all the green, blue, red, yellow, orange, whatever "Alerts" coming out of the American government the last couple of years, all of which have led to various kinds of increased "security" measures, all over the US and reaching into other parts of the world (remember cancelled flights from Britain and France, imaginary Moroccan "bombers", etc, fodder for the gullible) - and remember how they ALWAYS said - check it out if you want - that while most of the time they didn't have any real hard 'evidence" about such stuff (rather obviously, since NONE of the "alerts" ever resulted in any terrorist activity), they were "alerted" (they lie and lie and lie and lie) that "something" was happening because of some sort of "significantly increased "chatter" level" in all their monitoring of the world's "secret" communications, the Spy-on-Terrorists-and-whoever-the-fuck-we-feel-like Network or whatever. Welllllllllllllll - do you see now where we're going??? The Madrid bombing evidently took EVERYONE by complete surprise - not a fucking WHISPER of "chatter" here, there or anywhere!!!! (not unlike Bali or Turkey, come to think of it....) - now, Watson, doesn't that just strike you as a bit odd - such a major operation, and NO CHATTER TO WARN THE US SPOOKS? It could lead the inquiring mind alllllllll sorts of places!!!!!!!!!!! - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA have fun kids!!!!! (to me, two main possibilities spring to mind - if this was an internal US operation, the chatter would be minimal as they wouldn't need it or would know enough to use other channels, OR - they were just plain old lying all the other times, and they have no fucking idea at all about how the "terrorists" communicate - if there even IS a 'terrorist network" and it isn't completely just a fantasy of the US government to provide them with a bogeyman to maintain a permanent state of fear and war footing. Or all of that and other stuff I haven't even thought of!!!! HAHAHAHAHA (I expect they are going to say, if asked, that the goldarn terraists are getting smarter, and either use untraceable cell phones or something (Beam me up Osama HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA - hey, catchy lyric HAHAHAHAAAA - another life!!!), or communicate through encrypted email messages to foil the good guys - so the NEXT law to reduce our freedom will be that ALL computers have to allow the government to check them anyhow anywhere anytime no questions asked no warrants or any of the freedom-protecting shit allowed. Ask Bill HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA (fuck what am I saying - they're already trying to do that......)
manomanoman is that kid paranoid or WHAT?!?!?! - better bring him in - that's why we are SOOOO opposed to recreational chemicals, especially beer - they do this to people. Better lock him up with Saddam for a few months, get the Diazepam drip going, by Christmas he'll be just like all the other good little sheeps HAHAHAHAHAHAH - HEEYYY!!!!! WHO LEFT THAT RECORDER ON..... fuck fuck fuck HAHAHAHAHA
- and another in the list of "Where's THAT story ma??" stuff - here we have Thousands across Canada mark Iraq invasion anniversary with rallies - other stories too, millions all over the world - One year on, and still the hard core march the world over - answered of course with stuff like this - Powell tried to pull coalition together and utter CRAP like this - Imagine the terrorists' chortles of glee by one Marcus Gee - but what for some odd reason we do NOT see is all the demonstrations around the world of people SUPPORTING George and Tony's little war!!! - eh??? (HAHAHAHAHAHA great Canadian expression) - where are those stories at???? And as much to the point - where are the stories commenting on the fact that in spite of a year of hype from many of the world's war-mongering leaders, carried faithfully EVERY fucking day by the world's "free" HAHAHAHAHAHA AA!!!!! media - there are NO crowds in the streets ANYWHERE!!!! chanting stuff like "GO GEORGE GO" or BOMBS ARE GREAT" or "KILL ALL THEM FUCKERS" or stuff like that - yeah, I know there are a few people out there who, in their black shrivelled little hearts, believe this, but they seem to be lacking a bit of the walk the walk stuff - your basic chickenhawk shit, I guess, like George and Cheney and all the rest - they ALL had a chance to spend a couple of years engaged in similar activities, bombing the fuck out of poor people with no significant military presence somewhere on the other side of the world - and to a fucking MAN said "HAHAHAHA NO FUCKING WAY JACK!!! HAHAHAHAAA - NATIONAL GUARD FOR ME HAHAHAHAHAAA" - but now watch em go!!!! I expect most of the supporters of this little engagement, and others like it in Afghanistan and Yugoslavia (boy that was sure a success!!! - NATO troops surround Kosovo town HAHAHAHAHAA - actually, it was a success, poor people killing each other don't really concern the US much - but they DID get rid of one of the few leaders in the world who would not lay down and spread em for the big American dick, and they HATE that more than anything - Aristide was another who was getting too uppity, with his minimum wage increases and shit, cutting in on the capitalist exploiters and crooks, so had to go - Castro is high on the list these days, Chavez in Venezuela, etc) - anyway, sidetracked again, but you would think, in a free and democratic media - which means, after all, a media that reflects what the people think, so the government gets some guidance in what the people want them to do, this sort of thing would get a bit more commentary - especially as Martin and the Libs are talking about ever closer ties with the American war mongers, even though most Canadians seem to be quite opposed to this.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA GIMME ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE IT WAS GREAT WHATEVER IT WAS AAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!
fuck I gotta take a course in writing short sentences some day HAHAHAHAHAHAA
Taxpayers robbed ".... Shame on them. Shame on the corrupt, deceitful weasels who belly up to the tax trough to steal the hard-earned money of over-taxed Canadians. It's evil. It's obscene. And it must be stopped -- this cancerous disease of greed and corruption, which has spread from our corporate world into the hallways of government at every level...." (what's great about this Linda is that she doesn't, like most of the current crop of neocon columnists, condemn only the Libs for all this corruption, but say nothing about the PCs-by-any-name implying we should all vote for the Mulroney spawn and things would improve, but she goes after the Harris-ites as well as the federal Libs. With cause, of course - GO GIRL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Beer is latest food to be hailed for osteoporosis prevention - "....Beer is the latest plant-based food to be investigated for its ability to protect bones from osteoporosis because of its readily bioavailable silicon....". - HAHAHAHAHAHAAA - it's always like this - I'm so fucking far ahead everyone thinks I'm behind HAHAHAHAHAAA - silicon rocks, man HAHAHAHAHAA
And as always, between the dribs and drabs of decent commentary in the mainstream media
(i.e. Michael Harris again The pain in Spain - "....Within hours of Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero's election, the U.S. president was pressuring the new head of state to renege on his central campaign promise; to withdraw Spanish troops from the dismal and bloody occupation in Iraq that he has called "a fiasco.".... The insult to the Spanish people is one thing. The outrageous meddling in the affairs of a mature and sovereign nation is quite another...",
or one of the young idealists at the Star Editorial Collective (soon to have a talk with the new management, I expect, about getting in touch with the times) - Acting for the collective good - "...Social and political activism should not be seen as a mundane task of the few, but as a self-interested duty with major consequences. This is not to say that every Canadian needs to become a full-time activist. But it is a plea to all Canadians to look beyond immediate personal needs as a means of achieving a better personal life...." (yea yea I know that sounds a bit new-generation-ish too, we don't need to strive for a better world just because everyone has a right to such a thing, but because a better world will make MY life better too .... yea, I could get off on that on a slow day, but hell, it's a major step up from thinking I can make my life better by fucking everyone else's life up, so let's take what we can get these days, and try to build on that.... hahahahahahaaa))
... - we have reams of good stuff in the Alternative Press - stuff that SHOULD have been picking up all sorts of awards, if the Canadian Journalism Awards were any more legitimate than Canadian "Journalism" - just a couple, in case anyone missed out this week -
- a good writer named John Chuckman, from Canada, in Dissident Voice - Zapatero! - "...So I am heartened by Zapatero's step onto the world scene speaking truth. I know the silk-suited Christian warriors in the White House will do everything they can to discredit him, because his words starkly reveal the nakedness of their emperor. ..."
- or another very good Canadian writer I've mentioned before, Kim Petersen, again in Dissident Voice last week Thwarting the Democratic Will of Haitians - man, if we just had a few of these people, and others equally as good, getting regular space in mainstream media, Canadians might start to get a better idea of how things worked in the world (my evidence that many of them don't is primarily the governments they keep voting for - no person who understood what is going on here would even think of voting for people like Martin or Harper or Harris or Klein or whatshisname in BC - and they would be in the streets every weekend in the hundreds of thousands demanding some changes - aware people could not, NOT, be doing this, if you follow me.....) - sure, the mainstream does carry the odd token report of truth - i.e. Terrorists of different stripes march on by one HAROON SIDDIQUI, whom I've mentioned before too - but far more like this piece of utter shit - Imagine the terrorists' chortles of glee by one Marcus Gee, whom I think I have also mentioned before, in somewhat less than flattering terms - this is not "commentary", it is invective, mocking those who try to fight for peace in the world, promoting the fearful "terrorist" bogeyman vision as some kind of fact, demanding that we all follow along, support the violence desired by Bush and the American Warlords (although that name is probably too good for them - "warlords" of the past were, if violent and often cruel, at least brave men who could and did do their own fighting - these neocon people have, through various means, stolen the most powerful government in the history of the world and now, like the cowards they are, strut around with their mighty weapons - to a "man", they all avoided the one conflict in which they had a chance to actually see battle. The bunch of them ought to be dragged in chains before a world court, and held up as the cowards they are and meted out appropriate punishment. HAHAHAHAHAAAA - just imagine, for a kick, ol George "National Guard" Bush, mano-a-mano with ol Saddam "Butcher of Baghdad" in some big stadium, even in SH's current debilitated state - funny though it is, it would really be good for the world, to see the coward Bush is exposed in all its ugliness, as such a "contest" would surely do..... these cowards need a serious dose of humility, somehow, to get the US government back on track a bit (if it ever was) - away from thinking they can turn the whole world into their servants by violence and bombs......
Another letter this week - there have been no shortage of things in the papers that made me want to sit down and fire off letters to lots of people - but I'm in one of those "Why the fuck bother?" periods I guess - I know that no-one is going to print them in any papers, and no MP is going to answer them - so it is, in effect, like talking to the wall - I have usually justified such time I have spent writing letters by thinking that, with the MPs, the going idea is that one letter represents the views of a thousand or whatever number of constituents, likewise with the newspapers - and I figure to some extent the people there will get the idea that some of us are still awake and watching what they do, even if they choose not to let other readers know about it - but sometimes that idea wears a bit thin - as I said above, if more people were aware they would be voting for different people at least. Sometimes the whole thing is not unlike masturbation - not without its good points, but also a solitary activity, and changing the world will not be done by people jerking off. Although if more people were jerking off than shooting guns, it would probably be a good thing, and there are probably connections - i.e. it is, I think, pretty well established that sexual repression leads to all kinds of other bad shit. We ought to talk to the religious people about this sometime, and just what exactly they think they have accomplished by turning sex, one of the most beautiful and natural of human activities and joys, into something reviled by most people, something shameful, dirty - it's not the sex that's shameful or dirty, it is the people who have accomplished this transformation.
Some OTHER time HAHAHAHAAA - Fuck it's getting late and time to get on to other stuff!!!! - I did, regardless of the above, take the time this morning to write a letter about something that got me particularly pissed off a couple of days ago - one Paul Celluci, Ambassador of the American Warlords, speaking to some students at the University of Western Ontario, telling them all that Canada should stop being so stupid, and get with the program - the program being becoming a full card-carrying completely sycophantic follower of the American War on the World (aka "Terrorism") - I thought it very, very bad that he should be allowed to spout this vile shit at a Canadian university with noone there to challenge him - and so I thought I'd let the people there know about it. Response next week HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA right jack. Get with the program boy HAHAHAHAHAHA!
A Canadian Speaker Might Have Said....
TO: David Estok Director Media Relations, UWO, email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear Mr. Estok,
As I cannot find the email address of Paul Davenport, President and Vice-Chancellor of UWO anywhere on your website, would you please forward the following to him, and any others on the Academic or Student Committees who were involved with inviting American Ambassador Paul Celluci to speak at your institution last week. A CC to the student newspaper if you would as well. Thanks.
Dear President Davenport, et al.,
I was most disappointed, to put it mildly, to read of Paul Celluci addressing your students last week (Canada could be next: Cellucci Thu, March 18, 2004 RM archive copy)
I checked out as much information as I could find on your media relations website, and there did not seem to be any indication that there was someone from Canada speaking as well on this extremely important and volatile topic at this time in our history to respond to and challenge Mr. Celluci - someone, that is to say, who could answer Celluci's many half-truths or prevarications or outright lies, so typical of American propaganda and bullying, on this or any other topic, and present the point of view of the majority of Canadians who disagree strongly with the war-and fear-mongering exhortations of Celluci and his Washington warlords.
A couple of examples? Well, how about - "...Cellucci said his country is "in prevention mode. We are doing everything in our power to prevent the next attack ... We cannot defend ourselves without Canada's help..."
Well, someone from the other side might have pointed out that perhaps the Americans ought to have thought of that a bit earlier - they have not been too noticeable in asking for Canada's approval or help the last 50 odd years before tearing off around the world creating their own terrorism by unprovoked aggression, bombing, and "regime change" (usually supporting military coups and replacing populist, democratic regimes with brutal dictatorships, from the butcher Pinochet in Argentina to last week's overthrow of Aristide in Haiti) - it's kind of childish to run around getting everyone angry at you, and then to come pleading to former friends for help!
But we know that isn't any particular argument - the US, while espousing childish policies and attitudes and understanding of what is going on in the world ("bring 'em on" or the awesome "they hate us because of our freedom and democracy"!!!!!), is hardly a child in power, and no more needs Canada's help militarily than the lion in the jungle needs the help of the hyena to hunt the wildebeest - it is just another example of Celluci's - speaking for America's - hypocrisy that they try this as an excuse to get Canada tagging along on their bandwagon of destruction - it is, in reality, Canada’s once good name they are looking for, not our military strength.
Mr. Celluci goes on to warn your students - ":... Montreal, Toronto or Windsor could be targeted like Madrid..." - Mmm-hmmm. Someone speaking for Canada might have noted that the only countries being targeted by these supposed "terrorists" (we might also note there is a rather huge lack of firm knowledge about who these people are or what they actually want or expect to achieve - and American speculation on such things should be seen as no more than that - and hardly justification for the wars and bombing they want) have been those who joined the "coalition of the willing" to invade Iraq last year, which Canada did not. Such a speaker might have asked Celluci why Canada should thus put themselves directly in harm's way, actually inviting terrorist attacks, by declaring to the world that we support America (which most of us do not!)?
Such a speaker for Canada might even have gone back a few steps, and asked Celluci why exactly they stirred up the hornet's nest so thoroughly and unnecessarily last year in the first place by invading Iraq, a completely unprovoked and unjustified aggression, as many of us said then and almost everyone now knows was the case, since no WMD have been nor will be found, nor any link to the supposed Al Qaeda “terrorists" - as anyone knows, it's no big trick to smash the big hornet's nest off the branch - but it is a LOT trickier to avoid getting stung by the subsequent REALLY pissed off hornets - America and their “coalition” invited such anger, we did not - why should we join them now? Such a speaker might have pointed out that without this amazing American hubris, we would not now be in such danger from the enraged hornets - but then, that comment would take probably quite a lot of time to make fully, as the speaker would have to go back over at least the last 50 years of American history, and if he or she wanted to be thorough, all the way back to the genocide of the Native Americans that was their first notable act on this continent, starting from 500 years ago.
Mr. Celluci, if thus openly challenged, would undoubtedly point to 911 as the justification for everything America has been doing since then - but then our Canadian speaker, standing tall and proud and honest and brave and speaking for the world actually, might have looked Mr. Celluci straight in the eye, and asked for a direct answer as to why the American administration which he represented has been stonewalling any type of official, thorough investigation into the events of Sept. 11 2001, given the many unanswered questions about who actually perpetrated that terrible act, and the ongoing "war on terrorism" that the American government has been waging since then - with no proof of any sort about who the perpetrators were? Our Canadian speaker might then have pushed Mr. Celluci a bit further - the American government is huffing and puffing in mighty outrage about the terrorist attacks on 911, and claiming that everything it does is in response to those attacks - but our Canadian speaker might ask Mr. Celluci why he and his government seem to want to pretend that history begins on Sept. 11 2001, when most of the world understands history actually goes back quite a few years before that - that is, can Mr. Celluci or anyone else in the American government even acknowledge that just maybe those 911 attacks were themselves related to American violence and - let us be honest - political terrorism around the rest of the world for decades previously, and even though some 3,000 American lives were lost that terrible day, perhaps the hundreds of thousands or even millions of "rest-of-the-world" lives that the Americans have destroyed through endless acts of terrorism all around the world during the decades prior to 911 were seen as justification by others in the world for their attack on America??
Most of us normal people know how difficult it is to challenge the hulking schoolyard bully, and most of us never have to, being able to avoid the worst of such ravages through one means or another - but there comes a time when some of the bully's victims become so brutalised, so desperate, there is nothing left to lose - and then bad things happen in return for bad things. And although the bully invariably screams in mock outrage about what happened to him, most observers understand that "he had it coming". Maybe, just maybe, a similar line of thought could be applied to 911 - that does not justify what happened, but perhaps it could point to a way for the future besides ever-escalating violence and "our guns and bombs are bigger than your guns and bombs" whereby such things could be prevented. If, of course, the American military-industrial-government complex actually wanted such violence to stop, which would go hand in hand with the end of most of their power and influence, which is rather undoubtedly based on guns and bombs and violence.
For we are going to have no peace in the world, if this insanity continues, this apparently endless escalation of violence and fear and retaliation - as Gandhi, I believe it was, noted, the only end result of the "an-eye-for-an-eye" policy is a world of blind people. If the Americans truly want to be leaders, they must stand up tall and strong and proud and say ENOUGH!!! Enough violence!!! We will now begin a War on War!!! And our first weapon will be Peace! NO MORE KILLING!!! (hahahaha - such a speaker would take those lines out of his speech, for fear of being locked up in the nearest mental hospital - peace?!?!?! What a crazy idea in this world at this time hahahahahaa - ask Mr. Celluci, examine his words - fear and war are the current policies-de-jour!!!)
Such a speaker, had he not yet been spirited away by CSIS on “suspicions of terrorist connections” to be handed over straightaway to the American Homeland Security people who were undoubtedy tagging along with Mr. Celucci, might have tried to get some answers from the American on exactly why Canadians should want to tie their cart to a horse that has got almost all of the world so very angry at them - a cart of Canadians that, until recently, had been quite respected around the world, and it is only during the last couple of decades, since Mulroney's shameful beginning of the process of selling out of this country, continued with enthusiasm by the Liberal regime of the past decade (the ONE exception being Chretien's refusal to join in the Iraq invasion last year), that the rest of the world has started losing respect for us, because of that closer relationship to the greatest, but most feared, country in the world. We have been, as the saying goes, living on past glories - but the rest of the world is starting to understand that those glories are indeed of the past, and the Canadian government has become, tragically, an American puppet, no longer to be trusted, rather than the beacon for freedom and justice we once aspired to be in the world.
Such a speaker might, in a moment of levity, have asked Mr. Celluci to speculate as to what would be the reaction of the American government if the Canadian ambassador to the US went to a prestigious American university and warned its students that Americans were doing some very bad things around the world, and they had all better wake up while there still was time to reverse their destructive course, and slow down their rampaging government, which was stirring up violence and hatred all around the world - had been, indeed, for most of the last century? The outrage in the government and press of that country at such a speech would, as we all know, be immense - yet few Canadians, certainly not in the government or media, seem offended that this war monger should come to a Canadian university spreading fear.
Such a speaker might ask Mr. Celluci how much less violence he thinks there would be in the world if there were no American-manufactured armaments for those who dealt in violence to use? How many more people would be alive, and living good lives, in Nicaragua, Honduras, Chile, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, East Timor, Venezuela, Afghanistan, Yugoslavia, Iraq, dozens of other countries, had their lives not been destroyed by American bombs and bullets through decades of unprovoked aggressions and interfering in the governments of other countries? (pick a number - start with 7 figures)
Such a speaker might ask Mr. Celluci why the American government, which professes to be a Christian government, is so determined to foster violence everywhere it goes, rather than peace?
Such a speaker might have pointed out that most Canadians were expecting a lot more for their country in this century than to be following the American war machine into space, or setting up biometric ID cards and having CSIS throwing Canadian citizens to the Americans to be tortured because their government has hitched their wagon to a rapidly falling star.
Indeed, Mr. Davenport, such a speaker might have said many, many things about the current direction of the American government, and why Canada should think long and hard about getting involved with such a government - but such a speaker was not there, and that is what has bothered me the most about this incident.
Surely you have done your students a great disservice by allowing this American pimp to come selling American fear and war on a Canadian university campus, with noone there to speak for Canada and Canadians and a sane world. Had there been a debate, where the many fallacies and lies of the American government might have been challenged and exposed, then inviting such a person as Mr. Celluci might have had some use - but it raises some serious questions that you would allow him this important forum to spread his fear and war-mongering unchallenged - as we know, high-ranking American officials, well-educated, speaking with the confidence of great power, can be persuasive with their stories, especially to young, fresh minds, perhaps inexperienced in the Machiavellian ways of the world, and without an equally strong countering voice, many of them undoubtedly left that session tragically and mistakenly supporting the American position, all ready to put the Canadian seal on missiles in space and bombs, bombs and more bombs and death and destruction in other poor countries, on the basis of scary, unfounded bogeyman stories. As we know, the great warlords - one thinks readily of Adolf Hitler - can be very persuasive speakers. That, as history repeatedly shows also, does not make them right - but they can cause a lot of destruction before being stopped - as the Americans are currently in the process of doing.
I am, as I said, most disappointed that such a thing would happen, and would encourage you to take steps to expose your students to more appropriate Canadian speakers with Canadian values in the future - names like Mel Hurtig, Paul Hellyer, Jack Layton, David Orchard come readily to mind, there are many others out there who would speak for Canada - and I do hope you will try to be more fair to your students - and our country and the world - in the future.
Your faithful scribe etc (hahahahaaaaa)
CC ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE!!! - MPs, PM, Newspapers, Ambassadors!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA LOTS OF MAIL NEXT WEEK HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
And that's pretty much enough for now - except -
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy Birth Day, dear
wet holy fuck what a typo!!!! I thought I was thinking sweet!!! dream Greenways too,
Happy Birth Day to you.
And may you grow up REAL quick HAHAHAHAHAAA
- he said, on the first day of his 55th year. My my my who'd have ever thunk it.
RIP 54 years. It's been a blast. Let's see what the fuck tomorrow brings. Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow..... Bring em on - and bring me a beer while you're at it HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA.
"The most powerful weapon in the hands of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed..." -Steven Biko
"I didn't say it would be easy. I just said it would be the truth."
- and insofar as this grasshopper understands it, so it is.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” - Dr Seuss - man he was smart....... I gotta read some of that stuff again ..... that's almost as good a play on words as the great old line about comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.....
George Orwell: During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act
“It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.” (Upton Sinclair - great writer - reading stuff like this helps understand how the problems of today are NOT new!!! - and is a clear indication of the truth of the old saying that he who does not know history is destined to repeat it, or whatever)
"Your failure to be informed does not make me a wacko." — John Loeffler
Write if ya want (ya gotta take the xxx off the front - I'm trying to reduce the intake from the spam assholes (oh yes you fucking are - it is NOT amusing - get a fucking life why don't you, instead of bothering people - how fucking stupid can you be?? If you were the last fucking product on earth I wouldn't buy anything from you!! Fuck.)).
What direct action did you take today to do something to get rid of corporate
government in Canada besides deleting spam? Do you feel that it was enough, given the situation?
Will you feel content telling that to your grandchildren, should they survive,
and the country, and the planet?
So much left to say, so little time to say it in - probably only a few months until the next federal election - do you want to try to save Canada in that frantic four weeks when big Paul drops the writ and EVERY friggin advantage is his - or would you like to start now, when we have some sort of outside chance? Canada for Canadians Coalition - get involved.