Others looking for the path....
A hodgepodge of "inspiring" writings and good websites....
Hell, there's all kinds of stuff out there - go looking for what interests you, or things you aren't sure about, or want more info on - get as many different viewpoints on things as you can find, and decide for yourself what's right and what's wrong. I don't want to tell you what to think - I just want to get your head away from the tv and start you thinking. Then - if you think maybe things ought to be getting better and aren't - get involved.
- Confronting Empire - by Arundhati Roy, a great modern writer from India - her 2003 speech at the World Social Forum in Porte Alegro. "We can re-invent civil disobedience in a million different ways. In other words, we can come up with a million ways of becoming a collective pain in the ass...."
- Truth is central - do NOT accept their lies. Expose them always. This is one of the important ones of recent times - The Debacle At The Hague by John Steppling (Swans is usually worth a check - new articles every couple of weeks).
- A very good article that covers a lot of ground about what has been happening - Apartheid Without Borders: The New Globalism and Its Enemies by William H. Thornton. - follow that back home, Dissident Voice carries some very good stuff every week.
- Vive le Canada is trying to wake people up - and they have some great writers, most especially check out their pieces by Robin Mathews and Paul Harris.
- The Council of Canadians believes in Canada for Canadians.
- Stephen Gowans - very good Canadian writer, doesn't believe a word the trolls say, and is very good at explaining why.
- Xymphora - he just writes true stuff. A regular stop.
- Everybody looking for a better future, and trying to figure what's gone before, should read Richard Moore and his stuff at Cyberjournal - there's a lot of stuff, all good - just go and browse if you haven't been there before.
Make it happen. From here to there happens one step at at time, one person at a time. Be one.